About the Council on Aging
The Dighton Council on Aging has been in existence since 1973, when it was authorized at the Annual Town Meeting. We are very proud to report that on March 12, 2022, the Dighton Council on Aging celebrated 49 years of dedicated service to the elderly population of the Town of Dighton! Our funds are appropriated through our Annual Town Meeting. Both the Council on Aging and Prime Time are governed by the Council on Aging Board of Directors, which is made up of five members appointed by the Board of Selectmen.
The Dighton Council on Aging continues to work diligently to meet the needs of those over sixty years of age. We could not do this without the help of our elected officials, other town departments and also the citizens of our town who are always there to support us.
We truly appreciate the invaluable service of our wonderfully caring staff and the many, many volunteers who play such a vital role in the success of our programs. We couldn't have done it without them! These generous individuals unselfishly volunteered 19,957 hours last year for which we are forever grateful.
Interested in volunteering? Complete the following application and email/mail it back to us! Dighton Council on Aging Volunteer Application (PDF)
- Weekly Fitness Class
- Weekly Chair Yoga Class
- Weekly Tai Chi Class
- Weekly Art Class
- Bi-Weekly Cribbage Games
- Social Parties
- Podiatry Clinics
- Blood Pressure Clinics @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Entertainment (musicians, comedians, etc.)
- Monthly Support Group
- Craft Classes
- Card and Board Games
- Health Informational Assistance
- Legal Informational Assistance
- Nutrition Informational Assistance
- Technology Support @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>